Click here for a PDF of my resume including skills.
Travel and Research Sabbatical: Independent (Europe and Southeast Asia)
July 2015 – February 2016
Focused on exploration of civic engagement through the lens of design over five months. Evolved to include a deep dive into four main disciplines: service design, urban planning, open government data, and education.
- Interviewed 15 designers, two urban planners, and one political theorist abroad.
- Targeted reading specific to studies, movements, and experiences domestically. Read hours of literature from publications such as CityLabs and books including Our Kids by Robert Putnam, Rules for Radicals by Saul D. Alinsky, The Just City Essays, and Beyond Transparency.
- Analyzed and synthesized findings on personal blog
User Experience Research, Strategy, and Design: Magnet 360 (Minneapolis, MN)
July 2013 – July 2015
Functioned as User Experience (UX) lead on projects ranging from year-long endeavors to week-long engagements. Responsible for aligning with client business objectives and customer journey via a variety of research methods, prioritization exercises, and design thinking tactics.
- Worked with Managing Partner to structure and sell Strategy department internally and externally.
- Facilitated merger of Strategy and User Experience (UX) team into one Customer Experience (CX) team then assisted with development of UX team that was formerly limited to Graphic Design and User Interface (UI) work.
- Developed research findings and recommendations, created prototypes, and facilitated design studio sessions for Fortune 500 companies.
- Worked towards weekly goal of 85% client billable and annual goal of 5% Paid Volunteer Time
Engagement Coordinator: Magnet 360 (Minneapolis, MN)
June 2012 – July 2013
Part of a nimble three person team for a B2B2C channel-marketing product called Marketing Bridge. Responsible for marketing (social media, collateral creation, and client mockups) and leading certification training on Marketing Automation tools for employees throughout the company. During new product launches, took on role of customer service. Dedicated additional time to business development with Managing Partner for potential Strategy department.
Marketing Assistant: The BA Group (Northfield, MN)
November 2011 – June 2012
Learned the inner workings of marketing compliance for financial institutions through content production, social media assistance, and marketing plan creations. Assisted with company’s internal website redesign and content curation.